Shabby Backgound

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Well, this is my first post and I think it will be fun to add things here and keep updating my interests. Lynn and I are finishing our kitchen renovation this week and boy, are we glad. It has been a long haul but we feel it was all worth it. Pictures to follow when we are complete. Now, on to my studio and then the master bedroom. The kitchen was the major thing in this home. Oh, forgot, Monday we will start screening in our back porch! Bugs in Texas are a problem and we are going to love being able to set out at night and not be dinner for the critters! Will take before and after pics and post as we move along on this project.

Hopefully I can get back to art in the near future! Oh, entering two pieces in the Mineola League of the Arts Show this coming weekend. Always a nice show and being a member---I try to support it as much as I can.

More soon and come back to follow our progress with the house.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I am excited that you started a blog Marty...I just wish I could see you in PERSON!! We go back a long way...to the Sharon Young days! You wouldn't believe my kids, Jesse is almost 21, going to TCU this fall; Joni is 15, going on 21, can't wait for college; and Jacki is 13, going on 30, she loves her horses with all of her heart and plans barns and new colts as her past time. I am at TCU, thus the kids going to TCU (benefits!!)...so that is a blessing. Others that read this info won't know me except Lynn and Marty, but we sure do love these two people and have always thought of them as part of our family! I miss you guys very much!
Janice Elliott