Shabby Backgound

Friday, January 30, 2009

A Flower For Rosa

A FLOWER FOR ROSA

I write today again with a heavy heart. A friend and past neighbor passed this week from Breast Cancer. Rosa lived with Robin and son Andrew next to us with we lived in Garland. We were not there long and didn't know them for long but what we found out was you don't have to know Rosa long to know what a sweet person she was. After we moved to Mineola, we used the Internet to keep up. She never let me know how bad she was feeling and always had an upbeat story or joke or request to forward email on Breast Cancer. My last note to her, told her we were moving back to the Dallas area and we needed to get together. NEVER put off things like that!!! Rosa was instrumental in helping me get some items we had from my Dad into the JC Penney Museum. She worked for JCP and was able to get me into to the Director. Don't think I could have done it without her "in". We always knew if we needed anything, we could call on her or Robin. Rosa fought the battle for seven years after caring for her Mom who also passed with Breast Cancer. We will always remember Rosa with a smile and sweet thoughts and we know she is at peace.

Please support Breast Cancer awareness where ever you are---I know we will.
Farewell Rosa---we will always think of your sweet smile!

No comments: