Shabby Backgound

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to the Real World!



Fall Picture I Took at a Market

I did feel pretty good to get home Friday of last week. We took our time coming down thur Arkansas and went to Dallas to pick up our Buddy Joe. We had had three weeks of running and playing with his "nephew dogs" but I think was glad to get back to Mineola and out of the Bid City! Jen and Mark are putting in a beautiful swimming pool and Buddy took great care in checking out the workmen.

We took Sat. off to relax and Sunday I went to Dallas to attend a meeting to the North Texas Clay Guild. It's been sometime since I have attended as it is about 110 miles each way and about 1 and 1 !/2-2 hours of driving. Was glad I went as got to see some good old friends that I haven't seen in awhile.

Well, didn't have such good news when we returned. Glad I didn't know while I was gone that I am a "dead woman walking"
I had a blood test the morning we left town and WOW! Guess I am not as healthy I we thought. I have lost 39.5 lbs this year and thought that was great. Lost 3 lbs. While we were on vacation!!!!

Amazing how things can turn. My Cholesterol has always been about 130 and it is now. 556 and my triglycerides are 796 Doctor sent me a note and said it was in very dangerous level and sent a prescription for me. Now I have to keep checking and watch my diet, I guess. Lynn and I have both started on a low fat and low cholesterol diet yesterday. It really isn't hard and hope we both loose more weight and get the numbers down. Will miss our prime rib and rib eye steaks but we will survive.

Lynn is mowing today and I am trying to get back to normal, what ever that might be.
This is a wonderful day! Great to be home and retired.

No comments: