Shabby Backgound

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

LEAVING THE BEAUTY OF YELLOWSTONE

On our way out of Wyoming.

A Barn I want to paint. This is in eastern Wyoming.

It was very hard to drive east today away from the beauty of the Rockies! What a wondeful vacation we are having. I know we will try to get back next year as Lynn and I so love the mountains. We are now in Morrill, Nebraska. The drive to here was very barren and rocky. Amazing how different our country can be in just a few miles. We are seeing cornfield after cornfield and it reminds us so much of Iowa in August.


My back is doing a bit better today but I know with just a bump or a twist, I will be back to a place I don't want to be!!!!!! Will be glad to hear what the Dr. has to say when we get back to Texas. We had to cancel our plans to stay in Colorado until Sunday for a wedding. I just didn't feel I wanted to wait that long in so much pain. So sorry to miss it as I know it would have been beautiful. We have decided to drive to Des Moines and Creston on our way home and take a bit of a break or rest for my back. We have not been back since March of 2006. Hopefully, we can take a trip in October with the RV up thru the mid east states to Ohio. Back willing!!!!!




Well, we have a time change tomorrow so will lose an hour going east. We had a wonderful steak dinner at a little place here tonight. They had a wonderful relish tray with carrots, pickled herring, celery, black and green olives, dill pickles and ranch dip. Then we had a choice of the best brocolli cheese soup or salad. We each had one and shared. Then came the rib eye steak and potato cooked to perfection. After all was over, here they came with two mini cream puffs!!!! WOW. This is a town of 972-----in the middle of nowhere. Wish I could take them back to Texas. I guess the corn fed beef made the meal sooooooo goooooood!

More when I get back to the computer with pictures. Keep checking in

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that barn picture!!! You should paint that! Looks like you're having a grand time! Be safe!