Shabby Backgound

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

RED LETTER DAY FOR THE WOOSLEYS


Car Show in Lindale Saturday

Monday was a RED LETTER DAY for us. We signed up for Social Security!!!! The more I think about it, I thought it would be years and years before this was possible but Zowie! Time passes quickly and here it is. Lynn will continue to work so much of ours will go back to them if we don't keep good track of the time but still half is good!

We arrived home from Gulf Shores on Friday as it rained 12" there overnight and we were very tired of hearing the hard rain. We drove straight thru and wasn't a bad trip. So enjoyed it and hope to go back soon. Plan to take the camper to Lake Whitney in November and then will probably park it until February.
Saturday was the Hwy 80 Garage Sale (yearly event) and we took off and checked it out. It runs from Terrell to Longview on Hwy 80 and people just pull over in a lot and set up anywhere. Lots of goodies but Lynn and I attended two car shows. He loves those old cars. We have had several over the years that we should have kept but you know how hindsight goes.
Here is one we thought was cool!!!


Since we came home a bit early, we decided to go the the Texas State Fair! Sunday was a beautiful day and perfect for the fair. We did decided we would not go again on a weekend as there were crowds everywhere. Spent time at the Vita-Mix booth as usual. Got some new recipes and tips. I love that machine and now with the special diet, it comes in handy!

Went to a class last night on making Broken China Jewelry. Lots of fun and I made three pieces. Need to really practice the techniques, but happy with what I did for practice.

Excited, I just got a call that I made it on the Bus to the Houston International Quilt Show next Thrus. Bus out of Tyler drops us at the door and pics us up at 5 pm and brings us home. Not a bad day, for sure. Will see all the quilts and the vendor booths are fabo. Excited.

2 comments:

Babette said...

Marty,
I love reading about your escapades in your RV with Lynn. Sounds like so much fun, and the way you write I feel like I'm with you.

Someday I want to travel like you 2 do. How much fun can 2 people have? Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I get to do that in about 1-1/2 years.