Shabby Backgound

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

VERY FULL WEEK!




Mr. Buddy Ready for a Ride 10/2007

Lynn and Buddy got the Mercedes out and cleaned it up and we all took it for a ride! Well, Buddy only lasted about 25 feet before he jumped on the back and then off the car. Guess he didn't feel as if he could handle the top down. He does like to sit in it and act as if he is ready!

It really is fun to have a convertible---so Lynn may keep it, who knows. We did have a wonderful surprise last week when we took off the hard top and were able to see a cloth top, looks like never used under the cover!

The Boys and Their Toys!

Our week has been filled with fun. Had a great weekend with dinner at the Shed in Edom. Marcia, our neighbor and Lynn and I drove about 25 miles but it was worth the drive. Salmon, grilled----very, very good.

Friday I went to a class at the League of the Arts on making felt. I did a small clutch purse and a larger flap purse. Well, I still have my clutch but for some reason, Buddy didn't love the flap purse and shook it to death! He looks like he was attacking the sheep the wool came from. It wasn't good so guess I wasn't unhappy but hope to do more soon. It is a very neat craft and I took it from a master. She even raises he own sheep!!!

Monday I went to Hideaway Lake to a new friend's home and she and two new friends and I painted silk scarves. What fun it is. So fast and now I am hooked! Ordered supplies to finish my scarf as I didn't want to use up Penny's paint and it should be here the end of the week. I am thrilled with my first project but it isn't done. Want to have a dark background so when my paint comes in, I will finish it. This is a one of a kind and I think I am going to love it. Finish, I did finish two knitted scarves this week, too.


First stage of silk scarf. 22 x 22



Tuesday I went to a 6 of 12 hours of pencil drawing class. Will finish up on Friday. I really do need to learn it and it seems everything comes at once. It's HARD---hopefully I will have something to show you soon. Also, I joined a Scherenschnitte online group. I hope to do some "paper cutting" this fall and Connie Rhine got me interested again when we were in Iowa. She is doing some for the kids for Halloween. They are toooooo cute.

More to come---stop back and see my progress with the silk painting. I hope I have enough time to at least try all the art I want to do.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're such a crafty lady :) Always exploring new things! Good for you! I hope to get into some artsy stuff when we move. I've already found a place that teaches art classes.