Shabby Backgound

Thursday, April 3, 2008

SPRING HAS ARRIVED IN EAST TEXAS


How beautiful East Texas is in the Spring! No matter where you drive the flower are abundant and it is soooooo green this year. The Azaleas are blooming in full force and what a sight it is when you go by a yard with several different colors all in a row. WOW! Hope to get some pictures to post this weekend if the weather is good. There are some homes in Tyler that really out do themselves and they have the Azalea Trails Festival every year with a map to follow for all the beauty. Most of these homes are folks that have yard people to make everything look great. I have a yard guy and he does wonders but our budget is not what those folks have, I am very sure. Today I planted my seeds for the vines I always grow in starter plugs. They will be up in a week and ready to plant probably by the end of the month. The are beautiful and I keep the seed over the winter to replant in the spring. I also kept over the Purple People Eater plant and hope that it will grow. Above is a picture of one of my Azaleas. The picture has not been doctored so you see the color is wonderful.
While Lynn was in Dallas working this week, I was sorting again in the studio. IT WILL BE DONE SOON! I have several things to get rid of and putting like items together is wonderful. Maybe before long I will be able to start painting, claying, knitting, beading, quilting and even sewing. It's been so long since I have put my mind to art. Can't wait!

No comments: